Sunday, March 3, 2013

Post 1

The first post should explain in about 150-300 words who you are, the intentions of the blog, and the focus you intend to take for the projects.  Plan out the basic ideas you want to cover in both projects.  Tell me how you feel about the work you're doing thus far, and then tell me what you need that will help you with the project.

My name is Shana Romancheck and for project 2 and 3 I will be researching the effects of colors in the healthcare profession.  I plan to use this blog as a journal to update each week and keep progress on the work of my projects.  For project 2, I would like to find research articles to answer the questions I turned in with my notes and my proposal.  I want to discuss the impact the color coding system has for the healthcare professional and how it makes our jobs easier.  I want to find out exactly how it helps patient focused care and if there are any downfalls to it.  For project 3, I would like to show my findings in a visual way.  Unless you work in healthcare, most people are not familiar with the systems we use and how color coding things makes our job a lot easier and better for the patient.  I would like to make a presentation that shows that so everyone can understand.  While I have no picked out specific articles at this point, I have found a bunch of them that I am going to look over and read and see if I would like to use them in my paper.  This will be my first time writing a research paper.  Healthcare uses color for many things including: medication, equipment, vital signs, uniform differentiation, isolation  codes, and various hazards. Should I touch on all of these in my paper or just stick to one or two of the topics?  Also, I think an outline of what the paper should be like would help me a lot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment